The First Trails Committee Meeting
The first meeting of the Rico Trails Alliance Trails Committee was held on March 28, 2017. Below is a summary of the discussion:
Discussion on contacts – need contact lists for:
- Entire RTA group
- RTA Committees
- Regional trails contacts (Forest Service, other trails groups and land managers, etc.).
Discussion on trails projects of focus:
- Circle to Section Point – Need to identify FS contacts and create plan to get working on project this summer.
- Alkali Flats to Coke Ovens
- Connectors between existing mining roads
- Whispering Springs/Fork
- Survey RTA/Community for additional projects of interest.
- Calico trail work, the west side of Rico has some amazing multi use trails. Rico is accessible from Lizard head and Dunton via these trails
Discussion on trail maintenance:
- Esteban/Dan will head trails maintenance.
- Need to get in contact with Forest Service about permission to maintain trails on F.S. lands.
- Fat bike trail grooming as a focus for next winter.
Discussion on slogan for logo/website:
Alex – Set up RTA as a trails association on Trailforks for the region.
Alisia – 1. Contact Dolores County Roads and Bridges 2. Ask for property plot for Rico 3. Get Southwestern Corps Contacts.
Cristal – Set up and manage RTA Instagram and Facebook.
Dan – Get in contact with Sean Gregory / Kokopelli. Get info on how Salt Creek Tr improvements were organized and approved. Also potential FS contacts (Penny Wu?)
Sara – Create a submission form for getting GPS information to Dave.